Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beat the Heat Cheat Baking


I had a taste for cornbread. I haven't had it in months it seems. Why?  Because it's triple digit temperatures and no one in their right mind would turn on an oven.  Well....I seriously considered being out of my mind and doing it but the weather man just happened to be on and reported it being a 'nice' 104 degrees. Of course he was being sarcastic. But then again, the high is supposed to reach 107. So, no baking. But I still wanted cornbread!  What's a girl to do with this craving. Hm....pancakes! Yes! That's what I did. I whipped up a from scratch recipe for southern cornbread and fried it in a pan. Genius! Of course it's not like it's never been done before. My Mom use to do it all the time. It's just that I had not thought about how much easier it is than baking it. So, I call this my cheat baking. Darned good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment