Thursday, August 11, 2011

Afternoon Delight!

'My motto's always been: when it's right, it's right. Why wait until the middle of a cold, dark night?'~ (from The Starland Vocal Band's 'Afternoon Delight')

Why wait indeed?  I usually reserve dessert for after dinner but today I was craving something sweet for lunch. Don't tsk me...I had a savory something before.  But I was so looking forward to a good summer berry treat.  It's 102 degrees and I think I deserve this little bit of delight.

It's about a quarter cup of mixed berries, a splash of lime juice (lemon if you have it) , a serving of sweetener and 2 dollops of cool whip. I used one bag of sweetener and vanilla flavored cool whip. I've had this with the regular whip before but I have been wanting to try the vanilla. Either way is pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment