Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Veggie Pasta Chicken Dinner


Seasoned and Sauteed Chicken Breast
It's the end of the month and time to rid the 'fridge and freezer of 'Almost Gones'.  This means veggies that are nearly frost bitten, fresh veggies that might have a spot or two and leftovers from days ago.  

Various fresh and frozen Vegetables
After some inventory, I came up with a veggie, chicken and pasta dish of some sort. I cooked and sliced a chicken breast.  I then sauteed frozen broccoli, cauliflower, about a half bag of mixed veggies, handful of peas, a wilting carrot, and what was left of a fresh red bell pepper in olive oil with onion and garlic.  I added a splash of lemon juice, chicken stock and a tablespoon or so of butter.  Once veggies were almost tender, I seasoned with salt and pepper and then added the chicken.
 
The finished product.
I added leftover cooked spaghetti (which were cut with scissors).  If I had some Parmesan I would have gladly added it. This actually turned out to be better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment