Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lunch for Babysitting

The husband and I were back on babysitting duty for the sis-in-law while she's in class. Two nine year olds and a six. You'd think it was simple but it's not easy at all.  I play the role of the disciplinarian.  Anyway, the mother always prepares a meal ahead of time but it's never exactly something I like to eat. Sure it's usually pretty good but the concept of veggies for kids is lost on her. So, I brown bagged it today. That's multi grain bread with red bell peppers, avocado, onion, tomatoes and lettuce with mustard.  Veggie sandwiches is the way to go on a hot summer day! On the side is cottage cheese w/pepper and a pear. Oh! And I've decided to try flavored carbonated waters to mix things up.  It's pretty OK.  I recommend trying the store brand. It's cheaper and tastes just as good as the name brand.  This lunch gets a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment