Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brussel Sprout Intro

So, neither me or my husband have ever tried brussel sprouts.  I saw them at the farmer's market and the guy said the flavor was not unlike the cabbage. We like the cabbage and I like small cute produce.  I purchased larger ones and brought them home.  Six you ask?  Well, I wasn't sure if I would like them or not.  So anyway, I decided to use them today.

I searched for recipes but decided to just slice and sauteed them with onions and peppers.  I neglected to get a pic of the ingredients but it's basically salt, pepper, McCormick's Perfect Pinch seasoning and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce.  I didn't measure any of this but tasted as I seasoned. 


Seared steak

I seared a steak for the husband.  After searing the steak, I removed it and added a frozen mix of onions and red and green bell peppers.  I added the sliced brussel sprouts and seasoning.  I sauteed everything together and then added a couple teaspoons of the Worcestershire and about a 1/4 cup of water then covered and let it steam a bit until the veggies were just tender.


 
Brussels with steak

 
Since I don't do steak, I boiled myself an egg.  Sounds strange but it rounded out the dish very nicely. 


Same dish minus the steak with a hard boiled egg.

It turned out much better than I expected.  As for the comparison to cabbage....he's was right.  I'm gonna go ahead and give this dish a thumbs up and add it to my list of dinner choices on the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment