Monday, November 21, 2011

Veggie Basil Soup

I'm a huge fan of tomato basil soup and have an awesome recipe.  Unfortunately, lately I've not had the time, energy, or ingredients to make it.  So I have learned to improvise with what I have.  Not exactly the same but a really good alternative.

I always have half and half and some V8.  Most times I have pesto somewhere in there.  I took a cup of veggie juice and about a teaspoon of pesto and heat them together.  I think the low sodium works well for this since the pesto has just enough saltiness.  I add a few drops of the half and half just for some creaminess.  It's pretty darned good.  Sometimes I even ad a chopped tomato when I need a little something to chew on.

This is the finished product.  I had a quarter tomato hanging out in the fridge and tossed that in.  I highly recommend this to anyone short on time and on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment