Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ExperimenTEA-ing

In an attempt to try something new, I went to a tea lounge a friend mentioned. Now everyone knows I'm down with tea and would drink it for water if I could so I saw the name and was all over this.  Well, I liked the look of the place but probably wouldn't be somewhere I would hang out.  Because I wasn't sure about the selection, I thought I would go for broke and try something I've never heard of.  Dried Plum.  Well, Lemon Dried Plum Green Tea.  I opted out of the tapioca balls and the jellies.  The drink looked pretty but the flavor was a bit much for me.  Tasted a bit like potpourri but wasn't so bad that I didn't keep sipping it.  I was trying to determine if I liked it or not.  I froze the remaineder and drank the rest today before the plum in the bottom could thaw.  It was better and not as strong.  I will try the place again but maybe try a flavor that I'm more familiar with to try and determine if they make a decent cup.

I also sampled the Chrysanthemum tea.  It was OK after sitting a while.  Slight lemony, sweet flavor. Very light. I liked it but have had better.  Also tried the Dim Sum.  It was pretty good and I will definitely be going back to try something new. 

I believe it was a successful week for trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment